International

World AIDS Day 2022: HIV Infections In Numbers Around The World


<!–

–>

World AIDS Day: Within 20 years, greater than 33 million people had contracted HIV.

AIDS, which is brought on by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), has thus far claimed the lives of 40.1 million individuals. At the top of 2021, there have been 38.4 million HIV-positive people worldwide, with 25.6 million of them residing within the African Region. If the World Health Organization’s figures are to be believed, HIV/AIDS is without doubt one of the greatest international public well being issues.

Even whereas HIV continues to be a critical public well being concern that impacts tens of millions of people globally, the worldwide HIV response is in danger. Numerous lives are at stake because of the latest stagnation in HIV goal progress and useful resource depletion. HIV turned and continues to be a worldwide well being epidemic as a result of quite a lot of shortcomings, together with division, inequality, and contempt for human rights.

Also Read | World AIDS Day 2022: Theme, Significance, History And Importance

Now that the illness has grown into and stays a worldwide well being epidemic, let’s take a look at the HIV statistics.

HIV Testing: According to HIV.gov, roughly 85% of individuals worldwide with HIV knew their HIV standing in 2021. The remaining 15% (about 5.9 million individuals) didn’t know they’d HIV and nonetheless wanted entry to HIV testing companies. HIV testing is an important gateway to HIV prevention, remedy, care, and help companies.

Access to HIV remedy: As of the top of 2021, 28.7 million individuals with HIV (75%) have been accessing antiretroviral remedy (ART) globally. That means 9.7 million persons are nonetheless ready. HIV remedy entry is essential to the worldwide effort to finish AIDS as a public well being menace. People with HIV who’re conscious of their standing, take ART as prescribed, and get and maintain an undetectable viral load can dwell lengthy and wholesome lives and won’t transmit HIV to their HIV-negative companions by intercourse.

HIV-related fatalities: AIDS-related deaths have been diminished by 68% because the peak in 2004. In 2021, round 650,000 individuals worldwide died from AIDS-related sicknesses, in comparison with 2 million in 2004 and 1.4 million in 2010.

Regional Impact: The overwhelming majority of individuals with HIV are in low- and middle-income nations. In 2021, there have been 20.6 million individuals with HIV (53%) in japanese and southern Africa, 5 million (13%) in western and central Africa, 6 million (15%) in Asia and the Pacific, and a couple of.3 million (5%) in Western and Central Europe and North America. 

Featured Video Of The Day

Ajay Devgn, Tabu And Other Stars At Drishyam 2 Success Party



Source link